Monday, December 20, 2010

Earthquakes

Why is it that I feel butterflies here?
And why do I ride on this absence of fear?
Whenever you're near I can't even stand still
Like earthquakes shake objects on your windowsill
I quiver and burst as I stand in your light
And feel my heart's seizure as my veins ignite
Like a rainbow cracks glass in a bottle too tight
I swallow your love and it's like kryptonite
And though I am frightened of how I react
I'm scared that my heart's too far gone to turn back
I beckon her softly, but she won't come through;
She's fearless and stubborn when it comes to you
And part of me likes that together we're art
But part of me fears that we'll soon break apart.

1 comment:

  1. "And part of me likes that together we're art
    But part of me fears that we'll soon break apart."

    Well written.

    ReplyDelete