Monday, June 30, 2014

The Ballad of the Sanguine

You like girls like her
She's shy and dark and oh so deep
And I fall hard for boys like you
Who don't like girls like me
I'm wild like the whistling blades of
Tall grass in the summertime
Simple, smiling, silly
My arms out wide like endless skies
A burst of sunlight beaming
Inside a clear as daytime glass
I tried to wear a grimace but
It came out as a laugh
And I tried to sit still quietly
But instead I leapt and danced
I tried to win you over but
You looked through me instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine, Im such a huge fan of yours and of course your sisters aswell, Congrats on your marriage with Max, I have seen some of your Poets and I am amaze by it and im also wanna be a writer myself too and wondering if you can give me some ideas and tips. Thank you, I love the CIMFAM

    ReplyDelete