Monday, June 7, 2010

Giraffe

I feel like a fool
As I'm flapping my arms
Up and down
Side to side
Trying to find
Any way
For you to notice me
As you stare in her eyes
Tears fill up mine
She drinks up your love
Cause it's always in her cup
She's used to the taste;
They all love her

And I ask myself,
Who am I?
A giraffe picking leaves
From a tree
In the sky?
No one tries
To decide
What I'm holding inside
They don't care
They don't guess
If I'm calm
Or a mess

I'm going to stop flapping now-
You won't see me anyhow.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Snappin Cakes. Didn't mean to delete that x]

    Awww. I hope this one isn't REALLY personal & hasn't happened to you. If it is though, BOP that boy upside his head, goodness. How could anyone NOT notice your awesomeness? (:

    BEE TEE DUBS, signing onto this account is easier to post comments than my AIM acct yeee ! :P

    BEE BEE TEE DUBS. If ANY of my comments are not making sense you can just totally ignore them 'cause it's liek 3 in the morning over here so I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. But I decided to take a break from reading sad quotes to read your brilliant poetry :P

    ReplyDelete